I've made some wild garlic falafel this weekend as a wild picnic snack, adding a handful of foraged wild garlic leaves to my usual recipe which turns them into an amazing green colour before cooking. They are really delicious!
1 can of chickpeas - 400g
1 garlic clove
a handful of wild garlic leaves
a handful of flat leaved parsley
1 small red onion finely chopped
1 teaspoon of coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon of mild chilli powder
1-2 tablespoons of plain flour
olive oil (to cook them)
pinch of salt and black pepper to season
- I pop all the ingredients into a bowl and blend together with a hand blender, you could hand mash for a coarser mixture if you prefer
- After mixing add the flour gradually using it to thicken until the mixture is thick
- I use a spoon to add the mixture in six large patty's to a hot frying pan with olive oil in
- Heat and turn until cooked and browned on both sides
- Serve with pitta bread, humous, salad and tomato salsa.