Tuesday, 29 March 2016

WILD GARLIC PESTO RECIPE



I made some wild garlic pesto today, I love its bright green colour and fresh spring taste and add it to pasta as well as using it as a dip for crusty bread.

My wild garlic pesto recipe has been honed over the last few years...

1 handful of wild garlic leaves (about 40g) - take only what you need and remember the foragers' code.
10g organic pine nuts
65ml rape seed oil or olive oil
10g grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

It's very easy to make, you put everything in one bowl and use an electric hand mixer to blend it all together. This recipe makes one small jar (see the picture above to see how much it makes).

Some people add garlic cloves and lemon zest, but I prefer mine pure and simple. Wild garlic is one of the highlights of the foragers' year and to me heralds the start of my foraging season.

1 comment:

  1. I make this every year too, it's delicious isn't it. I go out collecting it from lots of different locations a little bit from each but enough to make a good quantity. I freeze what we don't eat straight away.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...