Sunday, 13 March 2016
Yay, it's my favourite time of year! All through the woods little green shoots are appearing as bluebells and wild garlic leaves push their way out of the soil. We picked a handful of young wild garlic leaves and made some delicious savoury wild garlic and cheese scones.
250g self-raising flour
pinch of salt
50g grated mature cheese
a small handful of wild garlic leaves chopped
150ml milk (& a little extra for brushing on the top)
1. Heat the oven to 220oC
2. Lightly grease a baking sheet
3. Rub together the flour, butter and salt
4. Stir in the cheese, chopped wild garlic and slowly add the milk to make a dough
5. Turn onto a floured surface and lightly knead. Roll out to 2cm thickness and cut out into 5cm rounds.
6. Brush the tops of the scones with milk and pop in the over for 12-15 minutes until well risen and golden.
7. Cool on a wire rack and eat with butter while still warm.