Sunday, 13 March 2016

WILD GARLIC & CHEESE SCONES ~ YAY IT'S FORAGING TIME!


Yay, it's my favourite time of year! All through the woods little green shoots are appearing as bluebells and wild garlic leaves push their way out of the soil. We picked a handful of young wild garlic leaves and made some delicious savoury wild garlic and cheese scones.


Ingredients

250g self-raising flour
pinch of salt
80g butter
50g grated mature cheese
a small handful of wild garlic leaves chopped
150ml milk (& a little extra for brushing on the top)

Method

1. Heat the oven to 220oC
2. Lightly grease a baking sheet
3. Rub together the flour, butter and salt
4. Stir in the cheese, chopped wild garlic and slowly add the milk to make a dough 
5. Turn onto a floured surface and lightly knead. Roll out to 2cm thickness and cut out into 5cm rounds.
6. Brush the tops of the scones with milk and pop in the over for 12-15 minutes until well risen and golden.
7. Cool on a wire rack and eat with butter while still warm.

6 comments:

  1. Oooh they sound delicious! It will be another month before our wild garlic is shooting, but I am gonna try making these. I usually just make pesto with what I pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are really delicious, I highly recommend and have eaten three already!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to get picking! I think I've found a secret stash locally. Elinor x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heard about your lovely scones on Cerys Matthews' radio show a few weeks ago and knew I had to make them! I made a batch this evening and have just inhaled one warm with butter on...absolutely delicious! Will be blogging about them and sending people your way for the recipe :)
    Emily x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so pleased, I love them. Thank you so much for letting me know and blogging about them, that's awesome x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...