This time every year without fail I crash. It coincides with the clocks changing, work being just mental and is always the busiest time to be a mum with parents' evenings, school concerts, nativity plays and Christmas to prepare for! Everyone else always says to me "I don't know how you do it?" but in truth I don't! My house is a mess, I am so lethargic that I practically hibernate and I eat my body weight in cake - I must be part hedgehog I think!
My Winter survival guide is simple,
- Get outside as much as possible even if it's for just a short time
- Take long baths using your favourite products, mine are Neal's Yard seaweed and arnica foaming bath, Weleda Lavender bath milk & REN Moroccan rose products (I always ask for these for my birthday/Christmas pressies)
- Don't try and do too much, learn to say 'no'
- Start planning for Christmas early so you don't get swept up in the panic buying and commercialism of it all
- Hibernate on the sofa with a good book, a game of cards or a movie
- Eat! It's the time of year for root vegetables so embrace your seasonal stew and soup recipes
- Buy next year's calendar and plan your spring and summer adventures, I love having things to look forward to especially holidays and camping trips
- Top up your vitamin C with those beautiful citrus fruits to keep your colds at bay or take rosehip syrup