Tuesday, 7 July 2015

MAKING AN EDIBLE POSY


I've always been enchanted with edible posies, nosegays and tussie mussies, in fact my wedding bouquet was full of herbs. So inspired with my abundant herb garden in a crate, I thought I'd make some edible bouquets to give as end of year gifts to my sons' teachers.


I've grown purple sage, thyme, rosemary, salad burnet, and sage and will combine them with some bramble flowers from the hedgerow too. The pink bramble flowers and green blackberry not-quite-ripe-yet fruits go really well with the leaves of the purple sage and thyme in particular.


The bouquet is quite small but smells amazing and as a bonus you can eat it all too! These aren't expensive to make and affordable pots of herbs can be bought from local WI Country Markets or found on the sale shelves in your local garden centre or farm shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...