Sunday, 22 March 2015

IT'S WILD GARLIC TIME!


We made a delicious wild garlic soup this weekend to celebrate the start of wild garlic season again! 

I chopped a courgette and fried it in a pan with some butter, then added a cup full of frozen peas. Once they had cooked I added a cup of chicken stock and a handful of wild garlic leaves, then gave it a quick whizz with a hand blender before seasoning and bringing it to the boil and serving with a drizzle of oil and some crusty bread. 

It was absolutely delicious! 


I'm looking forward to experimenting with a few more wild garlic recipes over the next few weeks. 





3 comments:

  1. It sounds wonderful, I shall look out for wild garlic next time I'm in the woods. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious!! Have you tried wild garlic pesto? Very good too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay - I can dig out my wild garlic risotto and my chicken & wild garlic broth with dumplings recipes! Now I just need a trip to where I know I can get some (none locally in Swindon - the only place we had some, they cut down all the trees & now it doesn't grow! :-( )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...