Friday, 2 January 2015

SIMPLIFY


"to make something less complicated and therefore easier to do or understand"



Many people set resolutions at this time of year or choose a word to inspire the year ahead. I had been struggling to think of a word to fit and I don't like setting resolutions, then this morning I took these two pics of a fairly clean corner of my home and with the sun streaming in, I was yearning to declutter and make my whole home as tidy. Then I realised it wasn't just my home that I want to declutter, it's my head too, I am tired of chasing my tail, rushing from here to there, trying to be a career girl and super mum at the same time, I yearn for a simple life. So this year my word to live by is quite simply, SIMPLIFY!

Inspired by Susannah Conway's Find your Word 2015

10 comments:

  1. I have chosen the exact same word! Already this week we have sent three bags to Oxfam - there is more on the way too. What with work and children all the stuff just feels too much. Have been reading 'Stuffocation' -a really interesting read and I hope to spend this year really going through the house and losing lots of the stuff I hate. Not minimalism really but losing the difficult corners. It will be interesting to see how we get on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a coincidence and how fantastic, let's do this x x x

      Delete
  2. That's a great word! And "trying to be a career girl and a super mum" hits the nail on the head of what is wearing me out (and I'm sure many others). I look forward to seeing more of how you simplify over the next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Emma, I've really enjoyed following your blog over the years and I think the theme of simplify runs through it already. You're great at focusing and sharing simple pleasures like home baking, crafting, gentle family holidays, capturing fun in nature and making your house into a nurturing home. You've certainly provided a lot of inspiration and I'm looking forward to more of the same, Antonia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you Antonia, how are you? Thank you for such a lovely message, Emma x

      Delete
  4. A great choice of word. I shall be doing quite a bit of decluttering here too, hopefully. Wishing you a very good 2015. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CJ, I wish you a wonderful 2015 too, Emma x

      Delete
  5. That's exactly the same word I've chosen, and for the same reasons. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent choice Emma. I don't have a word as such, but I need to cut down somehow on the complexity and number of things that I try to cram into each day. It's jangly, hectic and exhausting. Today I sat down with my youngest and we did a jigsaw for an hour or more -one that belonged to Andy when he was little. The clamour of Twitter, my inbox, the terrifyingly huge Comic Relief project I'm working on and the guilt-inducing siren call of the laundry ceased. Instead I was looking for a jigsaw piece that might have a weasel's rear end and three dandelions on it. Joy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...