Monday, 1 December 2014

ANIMAL ADVENT CALENDAR




When I thought of using the boys' animals in this year's advent calendar I had imagined that it would look more like a nativity scene, with lowing cattle and camels. Instead I found that we own quite a random assortment of animals (I resisted using the dinosaurs!). I set them up so that they each carried a matchbox wrapped in brown paper.

I had planned to gather lots of little bits to go in each matchbox, such as little Lego men, but I ran out of time, so I have filled each box with a smartie or minstrel choc for each boy. It doesn't look that Christmassy, but they loved it all the same, thank goodness!

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of using the animals. I wrapped little brown paper parcels and I wanted to use some of that stripey string, but in the end I couldn't find any. I might see if I can find the farm animals tomorrow though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...