Sunday, 2 November 2014

DAYS OUT - THE FROME INDEPENDENT MARKET








The website says that it is 'more than a market' and it's right, the Frome Independent Market takes over the whole town. There is a flea market by the river, craft stalls in the market place, a Somerset farmers' market, artisan food stalls in Stony Street and my favourite, the suitcase traders on St. Catherine's Hill, aimed at younger entrepreneurs and smaller traders selling from their small suitcase sized pitches. Frome is a lovely small town, boasting more independent shops than I think I've seen anywhere and the market compliments them perfectly. Most shops were open and cafes too and there was even mini stages around the town showcasing local musicians and performers, it had a great buzz. I bought a fab zinc basket, some baubles and some coat hooks and had lunch in the rustically simple Garden Cafe, an organic cafe and shop in Stony Street. 

The market takes places between March and December on the first Sunday of each month, download this seasons leaflet here

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks like just my type of market with lots of serendipitous finds. How lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to go to this - I am not far - I just need to get organised!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous! I used to live close by however there days not so much so sadly. But I still want to come!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...