Monday, 17 November 2014

A GINGERBREAD CHRISTMAS


If you've read this blog over the years you'll know how much I love gingerbread and making gingerbread houses. Like ice-skating it's grown into a family tradition that we look forward to each year. For the past two years, my friend and I have run a gingerbread house decorating workshop but as we haven't been able to include our children, we decided this year to gather at home and make them with our children instead.


To make things a bit cheaper and to make my life easier with the anticipated chaos of six excited children in a small house, I have cheated and bought some gingerbread dough (£1.85/500g) and gingerbread house pieces (£2.45/house) from Ikea. Of course if you prefer to make your own you can buy our gingerbread house recipe and template that we have used in previous years.


I am also inspired to make an edible Christmas tree after seeing these amazing baubles below, I thought I'd either use some branches or a small tree to hang them on.

image from Pinterest

Visit my Pinterest 'I'm dreaming of a white Christmas' board for more inspiration. 

2 comments:

  1. Top tip on the gingerbread from Ikea! Will be hot footing it there to do our gingerbread houses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's one amazing gingerbread house. I made one with my three boys last year and they loved it, we'll definitely do it again. I'm happy to have discovered your blog today, and I shall be following along. I think you're in my neck of the woods as well - I'm in South Gloucestershire, and I noticed your reference to the Hobbs House Cookery School which isn't far from here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...