Monday, 6 October 2014

40 things

Every year I write a birthday list of things that I want to do over the next 12 months. I've been writing them for the past seven years after being inspired by the wonderful Hula Seventy, who is the best list writer I know. This year the list is longer than ever full of loads of things I'd like to do, although I still do visit the old lists from time to time as there is plenty I still have to finish!
  1. make a tipi in the garden with peas
  2. go ice-skating at Somerset House
  3. produce a Bradshaw & Sons yearbook
  4. make Stan a tipi ✓
  5. open an honesty shop
  6. grow heritage tomatoes ✓
  7. make the most amazing gingerbread house ✓
  8. go camping in the bell tent ✓
  9. learn how to sew knickers ✓
  10. make bread once a week ✓
  11. build an insect hotel
  12. go to The Good Life Festival ✓
  13. find the perfect sofa ✓
  14. design & make our own temporary tattoos 
  15. wild swim under Welsh waterfalls
  16. learn to play the ukulele
  17. make marmalade ✓
  18. take the boys fossil hunting in Dorset
  19. visit Petersham nurseries 
  20. teach Ted to play scrabble ✓
  21. hire a vintage car 
  22. grow dark dahlias in the garden ✓
  23. organise all my photos & print them out
  24. make a sock elephant 
  25. discover the holloways and green lanes of Dorset
  26. eat at Flat Iron London
  27. make elderflower champagne ✓
  28. paddle a canoe
  29. organise a Polaroid safari
  30. bake fortune cookies ✓
  31. find a glass cabinet for the boys museum of treasures
  32. watch the Perseid meteors & learn to identify some constellations 
  33. go on more walks in the countryside & illustrate them
  34. make a shadowbox
  35. runaway with the circus ✓
  36. learn to make cider
  37. make lots of pine cone firelighters 
  38. practice yoga regularly 
  39. visit the deckchair cinema
  40. follow my dreams 

7 comments:

  1. It's a pretty awesome list. Good luck, especially with No.40. It's the best one of all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous list. Can I ask what a polaroid safari is? We love polaroid here and this year on my imaginary list I am going to give the polaroid impossible a go, have you ever used it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a group of Polaroid users going out on a photo walk, I use impossible project film - it's fab! x

      Delete
    2. Ah Yes, that is it's correct name! I am glad you think it is fab. A polaroid safari sounds interesting. I wonder if I can creatively make it into a children's party.

      Delete
  3. oh I love this, I've just failed at Day Zero 101 things in 1000 days. I didn't reach my goals. but I still love a list of goals. great list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list Emma, what a great idea too, perhaps I should write one for my 44th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I know a fabulous yoga teacher in Chalford who could help you with number 38! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...