Monday, 8 September 2014

BLACKBERRY RECIPES




One of our favourite things to do as a family this time of year is to pick blackberries, as we eat as many as we pick! This weekend we made a couple of jars of blackberry jam and also tried out a Nigel Slater inspired blackberry foccacia too.

We used a simple white bread and added a few blackberries to the mixture, then shaped it before adding blackberries on top, olive oil and a tablespoon of caster sugar too before putting in the oven. It is absolutely delicious and we ate it warm straight from the oven for pudding.

2 comments:

  1. Yum yum yum! I have yet to go blackberrying but I'm hoping this weekend will bring me a basket of fruit and purple fingers! That jam looks perfect, pass the toast! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love blackberries.. I cook the tarts with jam!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...