Friday, 1 August 2014

SUMMER READING


This summer I am really trying to enthuse the boys about reading, they loved reading when they were little but are so reluctant these days! We're currently reading these books:

Stanley age 2 - The Gruffalo - each boy has loved the Gruffalo books and I never tire of reading them, my Gruffalo has a Cockney accent!

Ted age 8 - The Boy who Swan with Piranas - I bought this book based on it's fab front cover illustrated by Oliver Jeffreys and the fact the main character is called Stan!

Alfie age 11 - Wildwood - Recommended to us by friends, we're just about to start reading it.

Me - Giffords Circus - the first ten years. I love Giffords Circus and we've been going for the last ten years so I'm really looking forward to reading this behind the scenes tour by Nell Gifford. I'm also reading the latest in the fab Do series of books - this one is Do Sourdough to perfect my baking skills!

3 comments:

  1. I love the sound of that Gruffalo! The cover of Wildwood looks so inviting - I think I even want to give it a try! x
    www.pinkcatcustardandcake.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny, I never thought of The Gruffalo as Cockney!! My husband always read the wolf from three little pigs as a Mexican, and We are Going On a Bear Hunt, to me should always be read in the style of David Bowie, I think it's the "oh no"!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recommendations. I've been thinking about Wildwood for my 8-year-old but maybe it's too soon. Looking forward to hearing what you think of all these books.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...