Sunday, 17 August 2014

HOMEGROWN STUFFED COURGETTE FLOWERS





With our courgette plants flowering in abundance, it is the height of their production and signals that it is the time of year when we are gifted with an abundance of courgettes.

A quick, easy but messy recipe to make is stuffed courgette flowers. I simply pick and shake the flowers to get any bugs out. Stuff with a mixtures of ricotta, parmesan, lemon juice, salt and pepper then carefully stuff into the flower, using the petals to close them into little parcels.

I then make up a batter, I like the River Cottage batter recipe, which uses sparkling water to make a lovely light batter, we've used this for battered elderflowers too which was delicious. Then I simply deep fry them and serve straight away on a platter with some nice italian ham and home-grown tomatoes. .

Straight from the garden and into our tummies in less than 30 minutes!

2 comments:

  1. All this time i've grown courgettes, I've never eaten the flowers despite seeing tasty recipes, now I'm buried under a glut I think I might finally take the plunge, looks very tasty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...