Monday, 18 August 2014

BLACKBERRY TORTA DI MORE


I love the rustic simplicity of Italian cooking so after picking some blackberries I thought a creamy torta di more would be perfect to make for pudding after Sunday lunch.

I used shop bought short crust pastry and rolled it out to fill a dish and baked following the instructions on the packet. I then mixed together 250 g mascarpone and 150 ml single cream with four teaspoons of sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Once the pastry case had cooked and cooled, I added the creamy filling and plenty of blackberries on top and put in the fridge to set for 30 mins. Jamie Oliver does one similar but adds grappa to his I think and most definitely would make his own pastry too!

A perfect seasonal dish to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...