Wednesday, 23 July 2014

HOW TO MAKE A PICNIC LOAF


I made a picnic loaf this week for the school picnic, it's so simple to make and very tasty. You basically buy or make a round loaf, cut a lid at the top and then scoop out all the bread inside (which you can then use for breadcrumbs which can be frozen if not used straight away). 


To fill mine I roast aubergine, peppers and courgette in the oven at 180 degrees for half an hour, with a generous amount of olive oil and garlic. 


Then I layer inside the loaf with rocket leaves, tomato, basil and mozerella cheese. Squashing it firmly down inside.


finally adding the roast vegetables on top and gently but firmly pressing down the lid on top. You can fill it with whatever takes your fancy, even stews in winter. You then slice it up to serve and you should see all your layers as you cut generous wedges! Simple, easy and delicious, perfect for a summer picnic.

3 comments:

  1. Wow that looks soo tasty! I'm deffo going to try this out! I'm making some cakes with my daughter pearl tommorow will post the pics on my blog! I'm not promising they'll be anything as gorgeous as yours but have a look if you get a spare minute!
    Great post
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea. I hadn't realised it was so simple. Will definitely try it out this summer. You can't beat a picnic in this weather! x
    www.pinkcatcustardandcake.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...