Sunday, 2 February 2014

normal service is resumed


Thank you for all your wonderful comments on my previous post, they were lovely to read and really inspiring with some really good advice that I'm playing over and over in my mind.

Blogging for me has always provided an escape, a creative outlet, a place to share, an opportunity to capture simple family routine, special times, laughter. When I'm feeling down, I don't blog and over the years there has been great gaps as I've taken timeout. I guess my motivation to sharing 'the real me' is that sometimes I don't feel much like the 'Emma Bradshaw' that I portray here, but most of the time I do try to aspire to be her! I certainly need to learn to live in the moment and stop chasing ideals. 
  

Anyway, I digress. 


Back to my usual superficial ramblings, I need a change. Whilst it'll take a while to work on my inner confidence, I can make a start on my external shell at least! I'm toying with the idea of a new 'do' to make me feel better, and whilst it's taken me years to grow out my blonde highlights, now I'm naturally mousy I've started to find grey hairs - oh the irony! So am thinking of something short, blonde and choppy again, a bit like Dido's above. What do you think?  

4 comments:

  1. If you have the right kind of hair for that cut and colour I'd say go for it! I wish mine would do that but sadly I have hair that does its own thing which isn't like the pic at all. Not being au fait with Dido I thought at first that was you! It won't be any consolation to you but I have been nearly 70 years trying to be the me that I aspire to without much success However one consolation to getting old is that the fact that one is still here and has a few friends is miracle enough and although I won't stop trying I don't mind so much that I have my down times these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought you looked lovely with blonde hair, and it does tend to give you a lift when you get highlights put in like adding sunshine to yourself

    ReplyDelete
  3. I change in haircut always is fun. It seems you have lovely hair which would cooperate nicely with this "choppy" cut. A bit of blonde added in, whether from the sun or the magic of your stylist, is just what every girl needs, especially during the wintery grey days. 'Twill be fun. Eager to see the results. Liunda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...