Friday, 28 February 2014

Baking Madeleines with Stanley


We thought we'd try the madeleine recipe from Rachel Khoo's The Little Paris Kitchen recipe book after reading that they were often enjoyed by French children on their return home from school. 


So faced with another rainy Friday (why does it only rain on my days off?) I thought it a great idea to do some cooking with Stanley. He loves cooking but is into EVERYTHING, no sooner have you cracked an egg with him he's trying to eat it raw, so you really have to be on your toes! Measuring out the ingredients on the digital scales he kept resetting it to 0!


So after a rather messy afternoon of 'loosely' following the recipe, we ended up with a plateful of madeleines, warn from the oven for his older brothers return from school.


Oh la la, they are delicious, we didn't push in a raspberry or add lemon curd after cooking as the recipe says, but I didn't think they needed anything else to be honest. I don't think they'll last long.


Now where are those boys when there's washing up to be done?

Happy weekend friends x

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I've just been making muffins this week and when it came to my two year old I tried to fob him off with his own bowl and bit of flour, but he wasn't having any of it and wanted to get his hands on everything so I know the feeling! Luckily I managed to stop him repeating his party trick of emptying the bag of flour all over the floor.....Your madelelines look lovely, it's great when you've got an appreciative bunch of tasters x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh. I recently discovered Rachel Khoo and there's a great little series of her recipes from the Little Paris Kitchen over on Youtube. These look so delicious. I wonder if they'd work with GF flour (bit of a sigh here).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...