Friday, 27 December 2013

Christmas corners of my home...


I used old man's beard along the mantlepiece with its fluffy white bits wrapped around fairy lights, instead of tinsel for a more natural look. The vintage hurricane lamp above was a Christmas gift from my husband, I love it! 


More fairy lights along the back of the pew and a branch cut off the bottom of the Christmas tree adorns the centre of the dining table. I've put the sheepskin rug along the bench, it's lovely to sit on and gives the room quite a wintery Scandinavian feel. 


Simple spruce sprigs are placed on the top of picture frames around the house, the one above sitting on my grandma's baptism certificate from 1914 (wow that's almost 100 years old!)


My favourite vintage Christmas trees come out every year! Sometimes with the Schleich reindeer, this year just on their own. 


Gingerbread snowflake biscuits for a nordic inspired Christmas dinner table, added to sprigs of spruce at each place setting. 


Just a few glimpses of my home. 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Emma, you have such a serene looking home. I love Christmas touches x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen - it really isn't serene living with three boys ;0)

      Delete
  2. As Karen says it all looks so serene. When can I pop round for a cup of tea with you?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you popped round for tea you'll see my mountain of washing which (surprisingly) I didn't photograph!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures. I especially love the hurricane lamp (think I now need one), the old Observer books and those little vintage trees x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous natural touches Emma, I love the Nordic feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea - I blame pinterest!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...