Saturday, 14 December 2013

A Christmas wreath inspired by nature


I love old man's beard, a wild clematis that is abundant in the hedgerows that line the lanes where I live.  The fluffy white 'beards' are illuminated by the low winter's light at this time of year which I find enchanting. I wanted to make a wreath using only old man's beard, but I found it really hard to bend the thick stems, so I used ivy from our garden to wrap around a simple willow hoops, made with four whips. 


I then pushed the old man's beard through the ivy and finished with a partridge feather that Stanley found on one of our nature walks. It looks a little rustic but I love it!


There's more wreath inspiration on my Pinterest winter wonderland board! 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I didn't know that is what they were called and that they were clematis! I always think that they look like they are from the muppets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your very natural, rustic wreath. Was planning to make something similar this afternoon with my 6 year old (she was keen on looking for feathers for it) but we got rained off. Having seen this even more inspired. Next weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...