Tuesday, 5 November 2013

The little things in life


Sometimes you are ambling along in life and something comes along that knocks you off track. In fact in this case not one thing but a whole few weeks of little horrible things; a funeral, some disappointing news, finding a scratch on the car, the list goes on.

I am reminded that it's just 'life' but it's oh-so-hard when it slaps you in the face! At times like this I take comfort in my family, reading my sons favourite digger book with him and the fact that he's started to say 'mummy' instead of mumma. When I'd rather hide under the duvet it's these little things in life that keep me going.

8 comments:

  1. ahhh why do bad things seem to happen all at once?! we had a summer like that but thankfully things have settled down and we've come out stronger the other side. family will always see you through :)
    www.thislittlehouse.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're having a crappy time of it, hope things get better soon (sending hugs) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending love + a big hug to you all from us here at Fat Fairy Jewellery x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waking up to your children's smiles I think is the best thing, they take each day fresh and don't tend to dwell on what's happened. Sending you hugs and smiles x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, there. I'm sorry to hear about those little horrible things. I have the same thing - bad things do happen all at once... :( Or maybe we just notice them more? Don't worry you will buy new things or fix the old ones. cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, this is how I feel this week. It can be hard, especially with the lack of sun to enter your day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was wondering about you Emma - much love if life is beyond hectic or a little crap at the moment xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...