Tuesday, 20 August 2013

Immortalised in oil


Whilst on the beach recently we noticed an artist painting behind us and thought nothing of it, after all the beach was packed with hundreds of people. After a little while I took a little wander to be nosy at what he was painting and was amazed to see that he was painting us! We are the family in the bottom right - you can see us in the picture below - how cool is that?


I love the picture and it was lovely to meet and watch the artist Roger Curtis at work, his paintings are beautiful. Unfortunately the painting is a little bit out of our price range which is a shame as it would look wonderful on our wall at home and a permanent reminder of our favourite beach.

7 comments:

  1. Your blog is just a daily sunshine! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love it! What a beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's amazing & such a beautiful painting. Really enjoy reading your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were at Gwithian yesterday, and I'm sure I saw Bradshaw senior and junior on the cliff path!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's amazing. We had wedding photos taken on that beach, the tourists were still there in late September and I was so embarrassed to be wandering along in my dress!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...