Sunday, 7 April 2013

when the sun shines, I dream of living by the sea...


I wish we lived nearer the sea or were rich enough to have a second home. If we did have a second home I would buy a beach hut at Gwithian Towans in Cornwall and every Friday we'd hit the M5 for a weekend spent on the beach. I have it all planned in my head, how we would decorate it, how the boys would have surfing lessons and how we would spend Christmas there.


I fell in love with Gwithian years ago after spending my summers there as a student, and recently rediscovered it after spending a perfect family holiday there at Driftwood Beach Chalet (pictured above) owned by Forever Cornwall. It is pretty much my dream home.


But until I can afford a second home, at least I can holiday there and enjoy their gorgeous properties, which now include two new beach huts that sleep eight, perfect for sharing with family and friends. 


Forever Cornwall have reduced their prices for holidays taken in April and May, there are bargains to be had! So which property will you choose; a beach hut, a beautiful barn conversion or a traditional Cornish cottage?


I really want to go back to Driftwood and sit in those chairs above and watch the sun set!


and watch my boys have surfing lessons and laugh as they keep falling off the board! I don't know how they stand the cold. So now the sun is shining and spring is here, I think it's time to book a few adventures especially as there are some great deals to be had! 

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos - I love Cornwall, ive not been to this beach we usually stay around Marazion - can we have some of that sunshine now please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little known fact: Marazion has one of the best playgrounds ever! ;0)

      Delete
  2. I grew up by the sea in Devon, I was in the sea from April until October, I miss it everyday. The photos are a lovely reminder of the south west coast and all its beauty. - Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You lucky thing, I would love to live by the sea!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful views. I used to wish to have a second home in the city, so I could enjoy the culture but life has mellowed me and changed my political view regarding second homes. Instead I am lucky enough to live by the sea. If you only get the opportunity for more beautiful holidays like these they will be your treasured memories, much better than the responsibility of double house maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes a very good point about second homes - although I will never be in a position to actually own one, just dream!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous pics, I really fancy a stay in Driftwood, beach chalets can be so cool! Agree, there's just something about being by the sea - we went to Devon at the start of Easter hols and even though ot was cold, my 5 year old loved finding treasures on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is just something so lovely about beach chalets and little beach huts for that matter too! I think beaches in winter are just as lovely as in summer too.

      Delete
  5. Lovely photos - I also love Cornwall especially St Ives + Padstow. We're hoping to take my gorgeous granddaughter away for a very special birthday weekend in May as my two celebrate a very special birthday this year. We would have loved Cornwall but as my son lives in Lancashire, the journey down to the south-west would be too long for Lilly in the car. We were also hoping for Guernsey where we spent many happy holidays when the twins were little but my son was wary about taking Lilly on a plane while she's so small and also now teething! We've now settled on Edinburgh - somewhere I've always wanted to visit and home to one of our bead suppliers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been to Scotland - somewhere I'd love to go, especially to visit all the islands! I hope you have a lovely time in Edinburgh x

      Delete
  6. Just out of interest, is this a sponsored post?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anonymous,
    no we paid to stay in Driftwood a few years ago - it was gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...