Saturday, 27 April 2013

17/52

A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013

Ted & Stanley - This weeks smiley birthday boys! Again my older one has been more elusive and Jodi has posed the question on her blog about how other people shoot older children. I find capturing other peoples children so much easier than my own. I would love to learn any tips of the trade that you find works for you, as my oldest is moving towards those awkward teenage years!

playing along with the 52 Project - click on the logo to find out more


6 comments:

  1. love the cheeky grins and and the baby's chubby hands. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sian - he certainly is chubby at the moment! Emma x

      Delete
  2. Love that snuggle!
    I have a 1, a 7 and a 9. So far they've been quite cooperative as far as photographing goes. Though there was one week when the 7 decided he didn't want any part of it...
    I'd say my advice is follow their lead, as far as their comfort level.
    If it's not fun for them, it's not that fun for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo snap - mine are the same ages too! I think the eldest is becoming very self aware and awkward in his pre-teen years, but I don't force it - so sometimes he's in, sometimes not!
      Thank you
      Emma x

      Delete
  3. I'm so with you on the uncooperative child front, except it's my five year old rather than my eldest. When I photograph kids for work, it tends to be around 8+ years when they get a bit more self-conscious and uncooperative. I find involving them in the shot, explaining what you're trying to achieve and letting then take the odd shot themselves helps, but having said that, when they really don't want to cooperate, there isn't much you can do, apart from taking an 'anti-portrait'. Sometimes these snatched shots say more about the moment and their character at that point anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea Suzie, he loves taking pictures maybe he'd like to actually be behind the camera like his mother!
      Emma x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...