Friday, 15 March 2013

in Spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt...


"in Spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt"
Margaret Atwood, Bluebeard's Egg

Despite the snow and cold weather the wild garlic shoots are starting to push their way through frozen soil. For me, wild garlic leaves signal the start of my foraging year and usually spring! I pick baskets of wild garlic and make soup, pesto and risotto with this delicately flavoured leaf. All we need is some sunshine to help everything grow and I'll be happy.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, lovely! I love wild garlic and a spring forage sounds like heaven.

    If Atwood is wrong and you come home smelling clean, you could always apply a Demeter fragrance:
    http://www.demeterfragrance.com/704073/products/Dirt.html

    I used to have the Birthday Cake one but it made me feel too hungry!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...