Thursday, 7 March 2013

core strength...


I have been going to baby yoga since the babe was five weeks old. I found a really good class in Stroud, in the most beautiful studio that feels like you're in a treehouse set high above a wooded valley.

Frankie the teacher is great and sessions start with an introduction so she can tailor the practice according to the aches, pains and sleepless nights reported by us. The yoga mats are placed in a circle around a central rug with toys in to amuse the babies, although my boy rarely sits still in the middle, instead preferring to crawl around the room finding mischief! I am really weedy and have really benefitted from core strength work and breathing since having babe number three, although I'm prone to fits of giggles which make me collapse in a heap when I find things a bit hard.

We've only got a few weeks left, as it's only for babies up to a year, but I want to practice more as I'm really enjoying yoga, coupled with long walks I think this is exercise than I can actually stick to!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a beautiful studio, how I'd like one like that! I can relate to the need for core strength after baby three and I am a (lapsed) yoga teacher. I'm slowly finding my way back to the physical side of my yoga practice and loving it all over again. Good luck in finding a class that is right for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree very beautiful studio. I am planning to do yoga as well as have a really bad back aches, heard that it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how coincidental to read this - someone sent me details of Frankie's class when E was 5 months old but I already had other plans and forgot to ask about future classes. What a shame we missed a trick there as he's now 14 months. Great to hear such positive feedback about the benefits of post-natal yoga

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...