Sunday, 24 February 2013

sketchy...


I've wanted to draw my boys for a little while, but I'm not the most accomplished artist! I drew my eldest son back in 2009 for his birthday party invites and I always meant to draw them for my blog header, but I've never found the time to practice. The other evening, I suddenly found the motivation to sketch them out, and whilst it's not perfect, it's a start, I certainly can't draw babies! I want the pictures to reference all those Milly, Molly, Mandy books and Enid Blyton adventures that I read as a child. I'll have another go soon or find someone more accomplished than me that can help so I can create something I'm more happy with but for the moment I quite like the simplicity of the new header. 

12 comments:

  1. It is such a wonderful thing to do but I can sympathise that there is no time - and I only have one! It is a lovely little sketch. I hope you frame it and put it in their room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a really good idea to frame it, thank you x

      Delete
  2. Love your new header. I mention you in my latest post and have linked to your last post about the Lido in Bristol. Am going in April and can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, you will LOVE the lido x

      Delete
  3. It's beautiful, Emma. Clever you! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed - and admired - your new header yesterday, and apologise for not mentioning at the time. It has a charming bygone era feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I hoped to capture a vintage feel!

      Delete
  5. Do continue to sketch and illustrate, Emma. If you wish to, then you can. A friend who is both artist and writer says each simply is the result of practice. I think your new heading is charming and will be a true keepsake for your boys.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, yes I must have another go and not leave it too long!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...