Thursday, 10 January 2013

comfort food...


I want to shop local, but sometimes it isn't always possible and with my return to work I was craving the convenience of a Riverford Veg box. On arriving home today my small veg box was waiting for me full of healthy greens and a lovely spelt loaf from Bertinet Bakery. I also ordered some Seville oranges to make our annual batch of marmalade this weekend, perfect for when snow is forecast - yes snow!


But as the temperature drops tonight, I'm rustling up a warming bowl of pearl barley, it's behind me right now on the stove simmering in vegetable stock and smells delicious. I'm then going to add mushrooms, roughly chopped and cooked in butter, garlic, thyme and red wine on top and eat in my pyjamas in bowls in front of the fire.

1 comment:

  1. I love our Riverford box too and made a batch of their marmalade this week. It's so lovely having veggies delivered to the door. Hope your return to work has gone well. Laura x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...