Sunday, 27 January 2013

4/52

"a portrait of my children, once a week, every week in 2013"

Alfie - trying to concentrate on difficult homework, whilst his two younger brothers create mayhem around him. His friends are all being tutored for the 11+ exam later in the year, but we're not sure that's the best path for him, but you can't say 'don't have a go' else what message is that to your child! It is a big worry. 

Stanley - loves crawling under the table and pulling himself up on the bar underneath! 

Ted - is nowhere to be seen - but the evidence that he was here is on the table with all the crafty stuff left everywhere! 

I would never usually post such an out of focus picture (I took it very quickly whilst trying to cook lunch *late*, tidy and help with homework) but it is a fairly typical scene in our house most days!  When I was younger I always wanted a loud busy house with lots of noise, play and fun, but sometimes it really is all too much!


13 comments:

  1. A perfect snapshot of family life, Emma. I love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you from Che and Fidel. I love this...shows the concentration despite the distractions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We live next door to two boys so I get your drift. We also have the 11+ and my girls came out the other side relatively unscathed in spite of my 'regime'. It takes a brave mother that can chill during the changeover of schools. We had a similar table with bar that both my girls sat upon when they were tiny. Ahh but it goes so fast, thank you for the reminder of chubby days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A chaos of boys?! Lovely honest shot, Emma. I am joining in with Jodi too. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your picture - so typical of life with children!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an honest and lovely portrait of family life Emma, sometimes our kitchen table is barely visible underneath all the 'projects'. The 11+ dilemma must be such a worry. My cousin (reluctantly) put her son in for it and he did well, but not as well as his friends and it really dented his confidence. My poor cousin was so upset for him, it's sucks tough thing to deal with at that age but I'm sure you'll make the right decision - just go with your instincts x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this ... this is how I dream my house should look .... I would love a table like yours - I am trying to get my husband to buy a bigger one so we can have it more in the living area so we have can scenes like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm relieved we never had to face the 11+ dilemma. With all the changes being rolled out in the English education system I'm glad my girls are safely out the other side. The idea of tutoring an 11 year old leaves me cold. I wish you you well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is that an amazing cardboard city I also spy in this picture?

    Cheers to the loud, busy house. I'm quite certain that our younger selves never factored in the amount of cleaning that loud and busy entail. That might be the difference!! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Out of focus, it looks perfect to me, an adorable picture.
    Also I don't really agree with the 11+ either, obviously I tell mine to study hard etc, but I just want them to be happy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...