Tuesday, 18 December 2012

note to self...



I was intrigued to be asked to write a "note to self" to coincide with Johnson's® Baby’s latest Mums Know Best campaign. I have been thinking recently about how differently I am as a parent with Stanley, than I was with my other two. With my first baby, almost ten years ago, I was terribly self conscious and hadn't a clue what I was doing. Everyone gives you advice, when to wean, how to get them to sleep and you end up comparing your little sleep monster, with a cherubic child who "has slept through the night since they were just weeks old!" - I always muttered under my breath "I hope they rebel as teenagers then!" So here's a note to me in 2003...

Dear Emma 

Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy!
Don't get upset when family members don't favour your choice of name for him, he is YOUR son, not theirs, oh and they don't much warm to the next two boys names either (Yes you will have TWO more boys!) Stop caring what other people think, if you want to give him a dummy, do it if makes your life easier and buys you more sleep - this baby will graze constantly and your sanity is more important. Also you will never get to grips with real nappies no matter how many attempts you make. 

Remember to take time to relax and care of you, get some sleep, start a good skin care routine and drink more water! You will spend a fortune on buying and pureeing organic avocados and the like, but by the time number three comes along you really won't care as long as they all actually eat their dinner! Also all three boys won't be good sleepers - but in the great scheme of things, if that's the worst that'll happen, life really isn't that bad! 

Lots of love, 
Emma x 

P.s The University of Manchester recently conducted independent research finding that Johnson's® Baby Extra Sensitive Wipes and Top-To-Toe Bath are just as safe as cotton wool and water or just water to cleanse delicate newborn skin*. Save yourself time and hassle having to warm water and find cotton wool balls and just use these instead! 


What would you write in your "note to self?"

I have been asked to work with JOHNSON’S® Baby to write a “note to self” to coincide with their Mums Know Best campaign which aims to empower new mums and women in the last stage of pregnancy to trust their instincts and have confidence in their own convictions, supported by the groundbreaking new independent evidence proving that JOHNSON’S® Baby Extra Sensitive Wipes & Top-To-Toe® Bath are as safe to use as water alone on newborn skin.  They have paid me to write this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...