Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Whole Foods Opens in Cheltenham


Oh my goodness, I had a sneak preview of the new Whole Foods Market in Cheltenham yesterday, it's the first store to open outside London and it's amazing! There are over 150 local suppliers, with items such as meat sourced just a few miles from the front door, and of course my favourite Stroud Brewery and Winstones Ice Cream. The peanut butter machine (pictured above) looks like loads of fun ~ I know a few small boys that would be very excited to use it! The ingredients are sold in the quantities you need, no matter how small, the beer in refillable bottles and meat sold in whatever cuts you want - perfect for when you are following recipes. There is also a cafe, demonstrations and lots of in store events.

My friend who used to live in the US where Whole Foods originate, said they nicknamed it 'Whole Paycheck' and I can see why, I am totally seduced by the concept, all supermarkets should be like this, so am keen to visit after it opens tomorrow to do my first shop, I'll let you know how it goes and how much I spend!

11 comments:

  1. If ever I needed an excuse to visit Cheltenham, there it is in a nutshell. What a wonderful place, idea and ethos. I could (and probably will) spend a fortune and take a lot of photographs in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see trips to Cheltenham in my future. Now if only I could work out how to get out of Cheltenham again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks brilliant - I'm only about 40 mins away so I think I need to take a trip soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great but it's too far for me! I don't have that sort of shopping budget anyway, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing! I hope they open more branches. I've made cashew butter before at home, it was really tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great, hadn't realised it was opening so soon. Cheltenham is only 35 mins away for me, very tempted to take a trip soon. Perhaps I should leave credit card at home though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only managed to stay away for a couple of days. I lived in the US for 2 years and was a big fan of Whole Foods but I have to say I really do think the one that has just opened in Cheltenham is much better than any other I have visited, and there have been a few. Not sure if this is because it is all new and shiny, or because I have lacked a decent supermarket for so long or just because 'it is'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so exciting. I love shopping in wholefoods in the states - here's hoping they open some more stores (hopefully slightly further up north)! That peanut butter machine looks immense. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to visit this summer when I'm back in my home town.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This reminds me of the great supermarkets in California. I could spend all day in there! It is not cheap but there are lots of special offers so if you shop wisely and selectively should be no prob. We are really fortunate that the Company has decided to open a store in Cheltenham. Hope it is well supported.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks interesting, ill be sure to check it out. Cheltenham tips

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...