Friday, 9 November 2012

six months already...


the babe is six months old! I can't quite believe how quickly he's grown. He is really smiley, starting to try foods such as pear and parsnip and is even sitting up on his own. He still wakes a few times each night, but is quickly forgiven when you see his smiley face in the darkness. Yes, I think he has us trained!

I took this picture of him using my grandmothers 'black out' curtains as a backdrop and sitting him in his bouncy chair in front of the french windows. My trick to capture his attention and keep him still was to use his brothers in the background blowing bubbles and giving him silver foil to play with. I used my cameras shutter priority mode [S] with a 2.5f (depth of field) and increased the ISO setting to 1400. I haven't made any adjustments on photoshop (really should of washed his face first as I'm sure I can see traces of butternut squash in places) and think it would probably be more striking in black and white.

7 comments:

  1. It's a lovely photograph Emma, he looks so serious! I think it looks really good in colour, you can see his beautiful blue eyes. Super composition too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a cliche but they do grow up quickly. I have the same problem in that my little one always looks like he could do with a wash, even when I have managed to keep him still for long enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful cheeks, very kissable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't feel myself get older until I had children! not because they stress you or anything, but because you look at them, how old they have got and notice the time passing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photo. My son is six months old and I am amazed how time has flown. Although saying that I can't imagine life without him in our family now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...