Thursday, 15 November 2012

shopping locally...


One of the nicest things about being on maternity leave is having time. Time to meet friends for coffee, time to plan and make Christmas presents and time to shop in local towns and villages. Today I met up with lovely Anna for a coffee in the new 'canteen' coffee shop, part of Sharland and Lewis shop in Nailsworth, followed by a mooch around the shops. After an obligatory stop in Hobbs House Bakery for some lardy cakes, jammies and my new favourite loaf, organic soda seeds, we called in to the Yellow Lighted Bookshop to browse the beautiful books on display and pick up some lovely Christmas cards (pictured above).

I also found a lovely little antique shop, although I can't remember what it was called selling old plant pots and football comics from 1961/2 - perfect for my football loving boys Christmas stockings - although I am quite tempted to cut out the vintage pictures and frame them! The pots are perfect for planting some hyacinth bulbs in to give as gifts. Finally I called in to Mother Goose, a crafty/Steineresque shop in Market Street to pick up some small candles. I'm delighted with my haul today and the fact that I've made a small start towards Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how your blog makes me miss Gloucestershire ! We live in London now but plan to move back to there or there abouts one day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post as always. Love the idea for bulbs in old pots. I do love the interesting mix of shops in Nailsworth, making me wish I lived nearer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep the great work up, this is an amazing blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...