Monday, 15 October 2012

the Farmers' Market...


I love Saturday morning visits to the local Farmers' Market. We buy Days Cottage cider, bunches of flowers, bread and lardy cakes from the Hobbs House stall, cheese and whatever vegetables take our fancy from the stalls piled high! We plan meals in our heads with whatever catches our eye and tonight we have cauliflower cheese and sausages, perfect for nights when friends are brought home to play! I love the meaty/cheesy combination as it reminds me of the Weighbridge Inn, which is famous for its two-in-one pies - half cauliflower cheese and half steak & mushroom with melt-in-your-mouth pastry, delicious. 

4 comments:

  1. Just got back from the farmshop without a cauliflower and now all I can think of is cauli cheese. Thanks for the link to The Weighbridge -google maps tells me it's an hour away from Worcester and I'm determined to make it my birthday lunch destination in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the two in one pies. Yum! The farmers market is such a lovey place to wile away a Saturday morning. Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds delicious! Love those fabulous flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last Saturday we just came away with some yummy chocolate fudge. Meant to save some for Tweedy but alas it was eaten before he got home.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...