Tuesday, 12 June 2012

the bell tent owners club...


I'm really excited to be starting a new club, called the Bell Tent Owners Club, it was co-founded by Justin Kirby of the blog A Life Out There.

When I was young, my best friend and I would set up secret clubs all the time, with passwords and dens, so when Justin mentioned the idea of a club, I was very excited indeed. He quickly whipped up the logo above ~ I can just imagine it as a flag or a patch to sew on, like the badges I used to have in the Brownies! Please feel free to display the badge on your blog too if you like, linking back to the facebook page.

Anyway, you don't have to have a bell tent to 'like' us on facebook (please do), just love bell tents as much as we do and share your camping pictures and adventures with us. We will keep the page updated with our adventures, reviews of products that we have bought or use, bell tent tips, camping with babies (that's my next challenge!) and much much more...

so now all I have to do is source a 5 metre bell tent with inner tent for the expanding family and then we need some good camping weather!

11 comments:

  1. oh, how much I would like to be a fully paid up member of the Bell Tent Owners Club. I used to run an outdoor playgroup which we used a bell tent for, I just love the atmosphere under that canvas. We have a campervan so perhaps it is a little greedy of me to want a bell tent too, however, I am wondering if campervan and bell tent might make the perfect camping partners...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a bell tent is the perfect partner for a camper van! I would love a camper van, we have hired one before and absolutely loved our time in 'Prudence'

      Delete
  2. I so badly want a bell tent. There was one pitched next to us in Cornwall and I spent quite a lot of time gazing enviously at it. I will get one, I will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should put it on your birthday list Karen ;0)

      Delete
  3. I liked it! I have enjoyed following your blog and was so excited to see this link today. I am a bell tent owner who lives in America and I've recently started a blog about it.
    Your blog has been an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your world with us!
    Warmly,
    Lalania http://thecampbelle.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting - we are now an international club! Welcome Lalania

      Delete
  4. I don't own a bell tent but I am an Australian Girl Guide and it's what we camp in. I can put 'em up, pull 'em down, brail them up, brail them down, fix a grommet, rerope the guys, restitch a veranda. You name it. I've been camping in these things (at least a couple of times a year) since I was 10. That's 28 years of Bell Tent Camping. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to be fully fledged member of this club....one day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love bell tents!!! So much so we bought one last year for our back garden in France and it has remained there ever since. We should have taken it down during the winter as there is mould on the inside of the tent, but we did not so if there are any avid tent people who know how to get rid of mould stains please let me know. We love our tent, we eat in there in the summer, the kids play, paint, draw and my husband plays guitar in there - a brilliant investment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Emma me to on the 5m longing! It gets a bit tricky with a family of 5 but I'm sure 5m will be fine! Can't wait to see your piccies on your next trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got so many points here, that's why i love reading your post. Thank you so much!
    Bell tents

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...