Tuesday, 22 May 2012

strolls with Stanley...


The tiredness is really kicking in now the babe is four weeks old! I really felt like spending the day on the sofa eating chocolate biscuits watching daytime TV but with such glorious sunshine I made the effort to go for a short stroll. 


I'm glad I did, as the sunshine has really brought the cow parsley out and into flower. Where I live there are fields and roadside verges overflowing with this beautiful umbellifer. 


I recommend sitting down for a 'bug's eye view' and to completely hide! Great to photograph from this angle too against a bright blue sky, although quite difficult with a baby in a carrier. 


The hedgerows were also wearing their May blossom, with blackthorn the first to display branches of tiny white flowers. 


The fields were alive and buzzing with tiny bugs, but I only saw one butterfly, an orange tip. 


It was certainly worth getting out and making an effort today and remembering to take the camera!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty photos! I LOVE YOUR BLOG! Thanks for sharing your beautiful life with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Love* the name Stanley! Such beautiful photos too. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...