Wednesday, 30 May 2012

reconnecting...


Over the last year I have found it increasingly difficult to get the boys to enjoy family walks and adventures in the countryside. A bit of a confession eh? With me being pregnant, appalling weather and the eldest boy *committed* to playing football, I felt increasingly frustrated that we were loosing our connection with nature. We spent enough time outdoors, but the sidelines of a football field do not compare with the joys of the countryside. 

It's a constant challenge not to be swamped with quite how much the boys do, there are birthday parties, after school clubs, homework, football & cricket practice all eating into our family time. We seem to be constantly driving somewhere and really this is only one boy out of three! I feel quite an ogre to insist on time together when they beg to play with their friends, but I believe the time we have together is so precious and hope they agree when they look back on their childhood. 

3 comments:

  1. so brave of you to say this, we all feel the pressure to do "everything" time together is so important and I feel gives our children a deep feeling of love which will never leave them xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Together time is so important. This post rings so true for me, we made a concious decision last year to cut back on a few activities as we were all spending so little time together. I hope you all enjoy every minute of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your right, good luck with that. Choose slow! Heather

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...