Tuesday, 29 May 2012

quilting by candlelight...


This gorgeous quilt arrived in the post a few weeks ago from my wonderful 'bloggy' friends. I had admired this Maggie & Sparrow quilt in a previous blog post, so they sent the most perfect gift. I think it truly special as quilts symbolise friendship and were traditionally made by a group of women, for a marriage or new baby. I like to think that in a previous life and were we not divided by an ocean then Leonie, Susannah, Lisa, Penny, Sas, Jo, Meg and I would have sat together quilting by candlelight!

Thank you friends for this beautiful gift that will be handed down to future Bradshaw generations x  Now when are you coming for a visit? 

1 comment:

  1. I know I keep promising to come, soon. And I really really mean it. As soon as I have this website project done and launched (hoping it will be next week!) then I will be on the first train to your place

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...