Monday, 16 April 2012

playdoh with little P...


Had morning coffee and delicious ham and cheese croissant at Anna's (aka She Shops Local) with her very gorgeous daughter, as yes I'm still waiting for the baby to arrive! They were busy making natural playdoh, which I haven't made for years and had forgotten how much fun and entertaining it was. It made me think of all the fun things I will get to do again with a new little one at home. 

The easiest recipe I have used to make playdoh in the past is this one...

2 cups of plain flour
2 cups of water
1/2 cup of salt
1-2 tablespoons of oil
1 tablespoon of cream of tartar

Put all the ingredients in a pan over a low heat and stir until it all comes together. I'm going to have a go making it again soon - or make some salt dough (2 cups plain flour, 2 cups salt & 1 cup of water) which would be fab to capture the boys and the new baby's hand & footprints in. 

Thanks Anna & little P for entertaining the HUGE, tired, pregnant lady today x 

6 comments:

  1. One of the things I used to do with playdough was to add essential oils. Lavender worked well as did vanilla, peppermint etc. If they had a terrible cold I used to add a couple of drops of olbas oil into the mix to ease that blocked up feeling. I love playdough x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab idea Karen, thank you ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a post on play dough just the other day! My top tip is to make it luridly coloured, use gel or paste colours. With older children (who are less likely to eat the dough!) glitter is also a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to do this for ages - will give it a go tomorrow with my toddler.

    Good luck with the baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good no-cook playdough recipe to share:

    1 cup plain flour
    1/2 cup salt
    1 tblsp cream of tartar
    1 tblsp oil
    1 miserly cup boiling water (including colour/smell added to quantity)

    Child measures dry ingredients into bowl. Mix. Choose colour, smell, texture to add (agree glitter is great - especially in black playdough). Adult adds cup boiling water & mixes until cool enough to knead. Have fun with your child kneading warm playdough smooth. Great. Keeps well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recipe...I have been wanting to try this too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...