Friday, 13 April 2012

blue carpets...


The woodlands near me are beginning to burst with carpets of delicate bluebells. This is my favourite time of year as the birds wake me up singing their dawn chorus, we pick wild garlic leaves to make pesto and soup and the lilac tree in our garden puts on a short lived display of vibrant purple flowers. 

As this baby doesn't seem to be planning an appearance anytime soon, I'm hoping for nice weather this weekend, so that we can get out with a flask to enjoy our beautiful countryside. 

Hope you have a lovely weekend too! 

4 comments:

  1. Oooh lovely bluebells. We went to see ours the day before yesterday, but I was dopey and forgot my camera! Must pop back on Sunday to take some pics before they go. Hurry up baby Bradshaw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't seen a single bluebell yet, something we'll try and rectify this weekend. Hope you have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous pic - i love to see the woods full of bluebells. I've just found your blog and 'im really enjoying your crafty projects - good luck with baby bradshaw :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm beginning to see the bluebells in our woodlands too. Wonderful colour with all that green.
    Hopefully baby Bradshaw won't miss too much more.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...