Wednesday, 28 March 2012

the waiting game...


So I'm now as big as a house and ready to 'pop!' I've reached that stage where you just want it to happen, even though you know how precious these last few days (possibly weeks) of quiet are. I am grateful for amazing friends and their sisters, who have loaned me all the last bits that I need, especially as I thought I was going into labour last weekend; Jenny arrived with buggies, tens machines, baby carriers, some lovely maternity clothes etc... making it all scarily real as well as bringing my favourite snack we used to live on in our student days - bacon and banana baguettes! (Don't mock it unless you've tried them.)


So to help me pass the time whilst I am twiddling my thumbs, does anyone want to play guess the weight or name? Just to amuse me? 

10 comments:

  1. Wishing you all the good luck and best wishes in the world Emma

    My guess is a lovely average 8lb-er called Algernon?

    Sorry - feeling a bit daft!
    Thinking of you.
    Stephx

    - Wonder if bacon and banana butties have the same effect as a curry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you lots of good vibes, as for names I hope you don't go for Buster which was one my other half suggested for our new baby- I think he's had a lucky escape being called tom!

    And now that you've got plenty of time on your hands I've heard that dusting the skirting boards and re-whitening the grout are great pastimes! Seriously though I hope you get to enjoy this lovely weather x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, that sandwich is making me feel a bit queasy!

    I predict 7 lbs 10 oz, Henry for a boy and Daisy for a girl. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Curry, pineapple & chocolate. When I was WAY overdue with Finn a homoeopath gave me chocolate pills! All of those things aren't name guesses by the way. I think 9lbs and Arthur!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emma
    Happy times, when I was in the final weeks of my last pregnancy I cleaned out my kitchen cupboards, I don't think I've done then since and she is now 7! Don't worry it's now on the to do list. I think Rosie or how about Tallula!
    Lots of love
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bacon and banana sandwich looks great! I'm going to try it. I love the name Freya and I hope for your sake especially that the wee one is a reasonable size! Warm wishes and best luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. not long now!
    good luck lovely lady:
    can't wait to see your new arrival ~ could it be Isaac or Honor weighing 7lbs 6oz?
    love&light to you all ☯

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Luck Emma and I hope you dont have to wait too long for your new arrival. I am guessing 8lbs5oz and Isla for a girl and Finn for a boy.
    Enjoy all of it and I'm looking forward to seeing some beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, how about 7lbs3oz, Reuben for a boy and henrietta for a girl ( i love Hetty!!) Still, we wont have long till we all find out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am guessing 7 lb 11 oz

    Girl: meryn, maeve, maris, olive

    Boy: Ivan, oliver, major, Sage

    happy waiting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...