Tuesday, 27 March 2012

bunting & baby showers...


Isn't this a lovely scene? I am lucky to work in a team of incredibly talented and lovely people, who treated me to afternoon tea, by way of saying goodbye and good luck with the new baby. Can you guess where they arranged to go...? 


The fab Hobbs House Bakery in Nailsworth of course! Jess and Nancy had decorated the cafe with gorgeous bunting and served tea in vintage tea cups along with delicious sandwiches and plenty of cakes! Just look at the huge cake below, it had a lovely lemon curd filling, perfect in this warm weather. You can hire their pretty vintage china sets too if you fancy organising your own vintage tea party or baby shower and Hobbs House even provides all the food you need! 


I have eaten so much cake I can hardly move, I'm obviously taking advantage of these luxurious last few days of freedom and treats before I have a new little person to keep me occupied and a waistline to keep in check! 

One things for sure, I'm a very lucky girl!

3 comments:

  1. My goodness, that is one huge cupcake! Warm wishes for your impending happy arrival :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! The cake sounds delicious, I have a lemony craving now!

    Hope you have a lovely few days before the arrival :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice of your colleagues! The cakes look SO good. I have been meaning to try a victoria sponge but with lemon curd and marscapone in the middle instead of cream and jam...a job for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...