Monday, 2 January 2012

year of the bump...

*difficult to play hide & seek with a rather large belly!*

I have put off thinking about the impending arrival of baby number three, but suddenly with the ritual of filling in my new 2012 calendar, the date seems really close! 

We've had a very relaxed two weeks off over the Christmas break, and as a result the 'bump' has grown quickly and I am definitely feeling very pregnant. Before Christmas my blood pressure went up very high, which was a bit of a blow as it's still very early and can be a sign of scary things to come like pre eclampsia, so I am being monitored closely and advised to not take on stressful tasks at work! So hopefully a few weeks of doing nothing but relaxing and eating will have brought it back down to a nice average figure. 

There is so much we need to do, baby things to buy, lists of names to make, beds to buy, a house full of clutter to sort through and tidy and a damp/mould problem on one wall of the house to get to the bottom of, before the baby is even allowed to arrive! I think I'll start with a cup of tea, a sit down and make a list!

6 comments:

  1. All 3 of mine have birthdays within 8 days of each other at the end of March. Each pregnancy, I always felt I 'popped" at Christmas and became very very pregnant all of the sudden...

    ...and it had nothing to do with the mince pies I may have eaten *ahem*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see you! (both). Exciting times ahead, rest lots, hard to say with 2 wild boys I am sure. x Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of relaxing breathing and low blood pressure thoughts for you! You look blooming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire (Vancouver)2 January 2012 at 20:45

    Sitting down with a cup of tea and a pen and paper that makes me feel like I've accomplished half my list already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made so many lists when I was pregnant with Poet and despite their length, they all got ticked.

    I hope you get 'a ticking soon.

    Lotsa love to you, the boys and the bump x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me smile.

    You asked me a while ago where our crib is from. My mother-in-law bought it locally (Stavanger) 8 years ago before the arrival of their first granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...