Friday, 4 November 2011

ladies that lunch...


I met the lovely Anna, of the blog She Shops Local, for lunch today, and it was great to chat face to face, instead of the few tweets or blog comments we usually converse with. I first met Anna after we followed each others blogs and I became a huge admirer of her 'shop local' ethos, although her challenge this year is to cook 'Elizabeth David's French Provincial Cooking' which is a truly colossal task indeed! 

Of course we lunched in the cafe at Hobbs House, Nailsworth, where I had the fab Scotch egg and tomato chutney, which was delicious and I highly recommend. Although I didn't take any pics, can you believe? So pictured above is my son eating a 'jammie', one of Hobbs House signature biscuits and is simply delicious, and a treat that we usually enjoy when we go to the Hobbs House stall at Stroud Farmers' Market. 

It was also fab to hear about Anna and her sister-in-law Jess's new venture, vintage crockery hire, which has given me an idea about having a baby shower/tea party, bunting, afternoon tea served in china & cakes! Any excuse for tea and cakes really don't you think?  

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...