Saturday, 11 June 2011

the barefoot kitchen...


On our travels in Cornwall last week, we discovered the Barefoot Kitchen, sat on top of a cliff on the Lizard, with far reaching views out to sea towards the Penwith peninsular and St. Michael's Mount. 


The lifestyle shop, sells tiffin tins, blankets and belly boards and there is also a cafe with a wood burning stove, serving homemade and local delicious food. 



It was a windy day, so we warmed ourselves up with these huge mugfuls of warm milk, with a rather fun chocolate dipper to stir in. 



The barefoot website has a whole library of short films of beautiful Cornish folk cooking on the beach, which I am trying to watch without being insanely envious of their lifestyle!

Check the website for opening hours.

5 comments:

  1. This place is only up the road from me and I have never heard of it!! We'll definitely be checking it out - the chocolate dippers look amazing!! Thank you for the tip-off!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great place your have found, that hot chocolate sounds good to me on this cold wet morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply wonderful... wonderful!!! On my holiday list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really want to visit their shop.

    the enamel milk pan and mugs i sent to you was purchased from their online store!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just checked into blogland and Halezephron is close to our cabin. Next time you must e-mail me and I'll see you the keys so you can stop by for a little look. I'd love you to visit it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...