Tuesday, 10 May 2011

ugly bug ball...


I am really excited to announce that I'm back at the lovely Prema Arts Centre this summer, to run two really fun workshops. 

The first is an Ugly Bug Ball, on Saturday, 2nd July 10am - 2pm £15 ages 7-11. 
Inspired by the amazing picture above, we are going to explore what mini-beasts we can find on our hands and knees! From grasshoppers, spiders, moths, caterpillars and tiny ants. We will then make our own bugs and then lead them in a procession and celebrate the Ugly Bug Ball! 

The second workshop, I'll be helped by my family to run a Den Building Day, called 'Something in the Woodshed'. Monday 25th July 10am - 4pm. 
In this timeless workshop we’ll re-live those heady childhood days of tree houses and dens made from clothes horses and old blankets — there’s no place like home when you’ve made it yourself! Join us for a day of fortresses and teepees and work as a family to create your own unique den; you’ll pick up lots of useful and imaginative tips along the way to try out at home. Raid your cupboards for old sheets and any bits and bobs to furnish your den and get ready to have some real fun together.


There are many other fab events at Prema, I quite fancy the 'grand design' creative family recycling event. The centre is small and welcoming and even though it's in Gloucestershire, it's easily accessible from Bath and Bristol. See you there!

6 comments:

  1. I wish my boys were older and could come along to the Ugly Bug Ball-fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow does it look like you are headed for some fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emma, these workshops sound fantastic..I wish I had children so that I could join in too!! I also didn't know about the Prema Arts Center. I have just looked through their website and I can't wait to visit now! What a gem and quite close to bristol. The photo above is just magical too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All sounds such fun! I wish I lived nearer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that Tim Walker photograph. Am determined to make it to a workshop one of these days too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Tim Walker bug photograph - bugalicious!. I'll have to wait until the children are older for that workshop but den building sounds like fun! Hope to see you there or at the lavender farm. C

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...