Wednesday, 25 May 2011

from the naughty step...


Do you ever find that life is just going so fast you just can't keep up? You drive and you can't remember the journey! You are too busy for washing, tidying, cooking etc... 

We have just come to the end of a manic few weeks, working six days a week, catching up with paperwork in the evenings, eating supper at 10pm. To top it off, I got told off by my mother! At the grand old age of 36, I had a real ear bashing for having a messy house, a flashback to the teenage me living at home. I wouldn't mind but it was just cosmetic, piles of washing brought in from the washing line over chairs to be folded or hung, crumbs on the floor from the mornings sandwiches and the boys sneaking biscuits from the jar, a pile of washing up and paperwork/newspapers/magazines/school letters spread over every surface as we just opened them and left them to come back too. Nothing too bad and it only took an hour to tidy and clean up! 

I'm a completely messy person naturally, which doesn't help when your mother is a bit OCD! So there we have it, I would rather spend the only day off I have in a week, outside with my children, playing and having adventures. So now I'm on the naughty step!

6 comments:

  1. oh naughty you! No joking! Gosh this post sounds like my life. I feel I am sometimes lost in a world of washing and cleaning and then when I stop doing that and focus on something else, I also get told off by mum about the state of it all and more annoyingly how my children are behaving or Misbehaving! I cant win... you gotta do what you can, and remember the important things, fresh air, good food, love & laughter. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's impossible to ever have a clean house with kids...as soon as you pack something away, they get something else out again. I think that it's more important to spend your time off doing stuff with them, and not worrying about whether or not the washing is folded...maybe if your mum is that worried about it, she could do it for you??!! Do you think that when your boys grow up they will remember the piles of washing, or those beautiful walks in the woods? I think you're doing a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes life does take over...however.... a messy house is a sign of being too busy doing exciting things.....or so I tell myself when it all gets out of control!Surely, we're all in that same boat riding the turbulent seas?x

    ReplyDelete
  4. stay on that naughty step! life is just too short ya know. you could spend all your time tidying and keeping up but then you would miss so much in your children's lives. good for you! besides, it just gets all dirty again just as soon as you clean it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a tidy person: it comes from living with a messy mother and sisters: {they are still messy} I used to be quite ocd about housework and kept a very tidy home: when I moved house 5 years ago, things changed: endless builders dust and possessions stored in boxes saw to that: now I am a semi-tidy person: life is too short for dusting and hoovering: grab sunshine and laughter and hugs when you can! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really laughing!! I got told off two days ago - and I am 45!! A few years ago I spent two days cleaning the house from top to bottom for the arrival of mother and a desperate attempt to avoid another telling off. As she stepped through the front door, her eye caught the light switch. "Urrrghhh!!" she cried, "You need to scrub your light switch"!!! I would never have occurred to me!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...