Tuesday, 29 March 2011

wildlife film making...



Over the weekend I had the opportunity to test two stealth cameras before I handed them over today to some colleagues who are going to use these cameras to try and capture wildlife on film on Adam Henson's farm for BBC Countryfile this week!

To learn this fine art I enlisted the help of class three from my sons school, and over the course of three days we captured on film two badgers, a squirrel, fox, roe deer and a jay! The cameras were fun and easy to set up and use and worked a treat in the school nature area. A really fab activity for children to really understand what wildlife lives close by.

*This is part of a series of blog posts documenting my involvement in outdoor education activities with the reception class of my local school. The aim is to encourage children to discover the natural world through simple activities and play. I hope by sharing these activities here on my blog, others may be inspired to try some of the activities at home or even, like me, approach their local school to help out.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! What a privilege to see a badger going about its business! I'm sure the children loved it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Footage The looks amazing when the badger came really close to the camera

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...