Monday, 21 March 2011

roast beef and middle age spread...


I have never dieted in my life before! The truth is (a.) I have no willpower (b.) I don't believe in diets and (c.) life is too short. But a few weeks ago, I realised that I am getting older and I'm quite unhappy with my frumpiness and level of fitness, so tonight I went for a run.

I found an old pair of trainers, baggy t-shirt and with an ipod full of upbeat tunes I ran round the block under the cover of darkness! Don't laugh -  it's a start! My theory is, that if I exercise, I won't need to diet too much and cut back on roast dinners, like the delicious roast beef lunch we had yesterday. I'm determined to loose a little so I feel comfortable in my swimming costume on the beach this year! Any tips, motivational shoulder rubbing most welcome!

5 comments:

  1. Yes! Poached egg and 2 Ryvitas for breakie. Baked potato, sprinkle of good strong cheese along with a stack of steamed spinach for lunch and a normal family supper. I did it last year and lost quite a bit, painlessly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm impressed! I haven't done any exercise for ages (except walking, does that even count?!). My main tip would be to tie it in with something you enjoyable - so if you love peace and solitude running or swimming is perfectly meditative. And if you're sociable or competitive try tennis or a team sport. I guess it sounds obvious but it took me a while :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right there with you.. I turn 36 next week and started exercising yesterday. I finally accepted the fact that things aren't good, I'm no longer in my early 30s and it's time to accept the fact that my "good genes" are no longer good.. Darn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. poached eggs, ryvitas and baked potatoes sounds achievable! may give that a go, thanks.

    Paula I am the same age as you, so have definitely waved my good genes goodbye!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need some serious motivation and tips too:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...