Friday, 18 March 2011

read all about it...


my picture {and family for that matter} is on the front cover of a fab local paper this week! It gives me butterflies to see it there and the feature I compiled inside with even more pics! The feature celebrates the 50th anniversary of Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust, which was founded in 1961 by a group of volunteers including the amazing Sir Peter Scott, who also founded the Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust and drew the WWF panda logo! 

My photograph was taken on the top of the amazing Elliott nature reserve, at Swift's Hill, Slad near Stroud, the hill is a fab place to see wild orchids, or to roll down the steep hill and on a good day you can see all the way down the valley to the Severn bridges in the distance! I'm so proud to work for such an amazing charity and constantly amazed when I see my words and images in print. 

9 comments:

  1. so exciting to be in the newspaper and I loved seeing this photo as I grew up at the bottom of that very hill and spent many a happy hour there exploring, blackberrying, sledging etc- great work Glos. Wildlife Trust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so so cool!! Congrats on the feature ~ what a beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. em thats awesome! i love that photo of your lads :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you - your photo looks fab and how exciting to make the front page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is an awesome feeling! congrats and great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would you just look at that!!! Fabulous!!! We once holidayed just over the Severn in Chepstow... It was so beautiful we have been trying to get back there ever since!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fantastic Emma! I love the picture, you must feel so thrilled. What a keepsake for your boys. Well done.

    Love the sound of your Saturday too, my favourite day of the week by far. Very cool caf and barbers. Envious. Enjoy Sunday.
    Stephx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Emma I love your photograph what a brilliant view from the top of the hill. You are very justified in feeling proud because not only do you produce great pics but you also work for a great charity. I am biased though because I work for Norfolk Wildlife Trust.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful image.....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...